Friday, May 23, 2008

Fired Up

It's been a while, and I had pretty much resigned myself to being done with the blog. The main reason being that I couldn't figure out what the purpose of blogging was. When I first started this sucker it was to keep people in the loop about Africa (and save me from writing email updates). And then I kept it up due to peer pressure (which is never a good reason to do anything). And then I stopped to prove that I don't always fold to peer pressure. Plus I started getting squeamish about posting my thoughts (I mean what I really think) on the internet. Especially thinking through being a chaplain at Hope College (yes, I have now mastered the divine and have a job). I have been thinking through what public life versus private life looks like as a person in a smallish community with a fairly public profile (these thoughts, by the way, may someday become a post in and of themselves...it will be entitled: "Longing for Days When People Didn't Try to Sneakily Look Into My Cart to See What I am Buying at the Grocery Store").

So why this post, this morning? Because I read this on the internet this morning and I got pretty internally fired up. I mean, you have got.to.be.kidding.me.

This is the point in the post where I am supposed to explain more fully and eloquently why this has fired me up and why I think it should fire you up too. Or question again why the heck it is that I live in this country? But I'll let you do your own thinking. Plus, I have been waiting for an incentive to get a new car and so I need to get on the road to go and take advantage of this offer given that it expires at the end of the month...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARGH! Or is it UGH!! You leave us hanging! I guess I'll have to call you again. By the way, I went 4 days this week, if you know what I mean.

Hanging on in windy South Dakota!

Tracy said...

I know you really just want to bring a little of the DR to Holland - be honest.
yeeeehhhaaawww