Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back by demand.

I am not sure it is popular demand, but I am back on the blog by demand from at least one person. What can I say? I am a sucker for peer pressure. Truth be told…I do not mind writing on the blog (blogging , if you will) it is just that I had always thought it was kind of lame. I had a hard enough time swallowing my pride to start a blog in the first place (see blog entry numero uno) but I justified it by telling myself that people would want to know about my adventures in Africa.

But my adventures in Holland, Michigan?

Today the day started out with a bang when I heard via 1450 AM that the seminary was closed (okay, okay so maybe there is one perk to living in a land where there is winter). The day continued. I made coffee. Blew my nose about 57 times. Watered some plants. Overdosed on Vitamin C and fell asleep while watching Planet Earth. And now I am procrastinating schoolwork by writing this blog about how I think it is a bit odd to write about daily life on a blog and thus probably offending the 5 people who still read this and also have blogs about their daily lives (this, by the way, is directly against the advice you receive while navigating the internet dating world: “never make jokes about the fact that you are on a website because it shows your insecurity and indirectly offends others”).

And on top of it all, I now feel this pressure to say something deep, funny and/or reflective about my daily life in Holland.

But, like I said, I am a sucker for peer pressure…so I guess I’ll give this a whirl…

3 comments:

Kathryn Schoon-Tanis said...

i just like it that you make me laugh. and aren't you loving that planet earth??? have you watched caves yet? freaky. can't wait to see you tonight. maybe tomorrow we can both write about LOST. (;
i hope you are warm and that your nose is doing better.
smooches.

tommyd said...

I'm watching LOST and surfing the net and what do I find?! Yup, that's right - she's baaaaaaaaaack!

Way to Go, KD...you ARE back and so is LOST...life isn't so bad after all :)

Be well...

td

Cotton Wool & Silk said...

Yep -- I'm one of those 5 or so. . .

(and I'm not offended :) )