Tuesday, February 5, 2008

si, se puede

There are certain things in life that always get to me...get to me in the eyes tear up/goosebumps kind of way and you feel overwhelmed, excited, fearful, hopeful and nostalgic for something...something that you aren't even sure what it is because you aren't sure that you have ever fully had it but for a split second you are given a glimpse of what it might be.

THIS has become one of those things.

Watch it. Read the commentary about it. Watch it again. And regardless of where your political views lie, try to tell me that it doesn't get to something in you too.

5 comments:

Cotton Wool & Silk said...

I surely won't tell you that it doesn't get to something in me too. . .because it DOES.

Was with some college kids at SUNYA tonight -- they care a whole bunch too.

Kathryn Schoon-Tanis said...

you made me laugh hard and tear up all in one 3-5 minute block of time! i know i'm hormonal, so maybe it doesn't count...(; but i think you get some mad props when coach admits that their brains were off on the yellow dress too. i'm not sure j.m. would have ever admitted any of that! you are so beautiful to me!
kst

chelcg said...

i love this.

though it leaves me with the same question i have sometimes after a worship service. was that honest and real? was that a truth so familiar to my soul that it had to cried out? is this what He meant when He said deep calls unto deep? was my response the true yearning of my heart to be established in His right and holy intention for His creation... or, am i simply easily affect by emotional manipulation through music?

Kate D said...

girl. i hear you. musical is very much wired into our (or at least my) emotional language. and i wondered the same thing about this...but i watched the actual speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe751kMBwms

and you know what, it got me too.

Anonymous said...

Kate, its good to see that you are back blogging. Thanks for sharing.

Love you,
Sarah