Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The One Where My Sister Offers Me as a Guilt Offering at an African Wedding (Photo Edition)

My sister is in town. She is quite fun to have around and her presence usually becomes the genesis of new stories to tell. Which is quite fitting, because she loves hearing stories/telling stories/remembering details of stories that most of us refute. Having her here reminded me that I never posted pictures from the time where she offered me as a guilt offering at a wedding in Kenya. I posted a blog about this a while back if you need a refresher of the exact story (this is one where I think my details are less fuzzy than hers) but I think the pictures tell the story quite well...


Sarah, after receiving a minor guilt trip: Oh...I'm sorry that we didn't invite you to our wedding...


...but to make it up to you, I brought you my sister! (I am not even lying, that is a direct quote).



And thus began a looong evening...

3 comments:

Kathryn Schoon-Tanis said...

hey, when you are as much of a hottie as you are, it's tough.

kate said...

haaaaaaaa. i love it. sarah's brilliant.

Tracy said...

I agree - you are a hottiee!