Thursday, September 13, 2007

Japanese Pies

So Paul and I had lunch today at a restaurant called "Japanese Fast Food & Beer." There were many, many funny things about this experience...like the fact that the restaurant was "in" an old container that you use to ship goods to other countries and there was karaoke (mostly Elton John and Phil Collins) on 3 screens (which would be even funnier to you if you could visualize the size of the restaurant). But, perhaps the funniest was the menu. Specifically, the "recipe" for Japanese Pie. Try reading this in front of the very attentive waitstaff while keeping a straight face (you can click the picture to enlarge)

I could not partake in the Japanese PIe because of my body's rejection of shell fish. But Paul decided it would be fun to test out the "recipe." If you are ever in Arusha and have a hankering for Japanese Fast Food, I know just the place.

5 comments:

Cotton Wool & Silk said...

I think I would develop a sudden allergy to shell fish too *even though I don't have one) if that was put in front of me too! I'm sending to your Aunt Pat who recently returned from Japan -- she'll get a kick out of it.
Mom

kaytie said...

holy cow! i don't think i even understand what japanese pie is. i especially like "it paints mayonnaise, a source." um...what? probably best not to partake of this particular selection, huh?

Lindsey said...

hi kate... I think Mrs. Moreau would be a HUGE fan of this one! :) Perhaps you can invite her over and make it when you return.

Kate D said...

Lins...that's funny, I was thinking of having a dinner party with Anna Kate, you and Barb...I'll make sure to keep this pic so we know how to make it...it gets especially tricky when "we turn with the spatula"

Unknown said...

Cousin Kate!

Mom sent your blog on my way. I'm not much of a follower of blogs, but I had to see what you're up to. Man, I'm jealous.

Things in Madtown are great, although we miss fam. We're actually in GR at the moment.

Hope all is well. Definetly stay in touch (more so when you are not traveling the world.)

Dios te bendiga siempre,

pk