Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One thing I like about Elizabeth is...


Somehow I found myself in a group of friends in the past couple of years who have this tradition of sharing "one thing" they like about the birthday person on their birthday. It can be kind of awkward ( especially if there are people in the group who don't really know the birthday person) but usually it works out just fine. And usually there is one person (Lauren or Katie) who tries to name more than one thing they like about the person. Anyway, today is Elizabeth's birthday. So I thought I would share one thing I like about Elizabeth in the form of one very long run-on sentence...

I like Elizabeth because she can think of a song for every situation and she is more than happy to share it with others while she serves them delicious food (that she has made from scratch even in a country where you can't always find what you need or you have to use soured cream cheese for a cheesecake that you auctioned it off at a church fundraiser) and I like that when in large groups and something strikes me as funny (but no one else seems to think so) I can count on catching her eye across the room knowing that she thought it was funny too and later we can talk about it and laugh...a lot and not only do we laugh a lot but sometimes we cry and that's okay too and she is an incredible teacher (whether it be her 3rd grade class or trying to teach me the correct form of a TaeBo kick) and she is the best beverage maker of anyone I know (insert whatever kind of beverage you would like) and she has graciously allowed me to live with her, her husband and their two dogs for the next few months. Bottom line, I like Elizabeth. Okay one more thing, she still runs even though her pregnant belly sometimes bumps the front of the treadmill (and, for those of you who I told I was excited to run with her because now she would probably run my speed...I was wrong. She still kicks my ass.)

So Happy Birthday Elizabeth, you are the best around and nothing's ever gonna keep you down (even if you don't get all my song references).

4 comments:

julianaelse said...

Happy Birthday to one of our all-time favorite neighbors! She is incredibly resourceful--especially when it comes to baking. She once made a cake (from scratch--carrot, I believe) and did fantastic things with flowers and straws. One of many things I remember about sweet Elizabeth! Much love to her and Paul and dear, dear Kate!

tommyd said...

Reason #1 I luv THE birthday girl is that she is such a good friend to my Kate - and sooooooo many others!

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth :)

td

kaytie said...

i couldn't have said it better myself...i love all of those things about her as well...please pass on to elizabeth that i find her "hard to beat." she'll get it.

chelcg said...

um, excuse me, i only get to internet very few days or so BUT...
HOLY SHIT ELIZABETH'S PREGNANT! Woohoo! I'm up, I'm dancing. Hug her, love her, tell her I'm up and dancing for her. Why does no one tell me anything?