Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Biting Bullets

Today I bit a bullet and joined Facebook. I have withstood years of being harassed to become so-and-so's 'friend' but for some reason it was this morning that I finally caved in. Maybe it was article I read in Newsweek on the way to Africa assuring me that Facebook wasn't just for high school kids anymore or the BBC story I read this morning that moved me to finally create an account. I'd like to point out number 14 on BBC's list as to why Facebook may be worth $15bn:

"14. Facebook is the acceptable face of blogging - you can reflect your life and personality online without being seen as a "blogger", which often carries a geeky stigma."

Ouch.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kate! Happy Halloween! I just caught up with your blog. Glad you are doing well...love the pics.

LB

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween KD! I figured it out, no longer in the blogging dark! Yes. TCooley

kate said...

geek!!!

Anonymous said...

I was a Pirate for halloween, what were you. Love Sarbear

Kathryn Schoon-Tanis said...

ah, stigmas...the older you get, you know.
i'm wondering today what it would look like/mean to look for giraffes here. i'm sure there is something wise and insightful in there that you'll be able to use for a sermon someday.
in the meantime, i'm off to facebook to make you my friend.
kst

julianaelse said...

Welcome aboard, mi amiga!
Love you!
Julie

rizitos said...

mujer traidora... first a blog... then facebook? I will NOT cave. You will be proven wrong.

Kate D said...

shelby. may i direct you to my first blog post. and your first blog post.

nunca is a peligrosa word