Saturday, October 13, 2007

Just another typical Saturday AM in Africa

I am not a big Morning Talker. I have learned that sometimes it is important to voice this to people who are Morning Talkers, so that they understand that one, I might not respond to their attempts at communication (but it doesn't mean that I am upset or mad) and two, I might just flat out avoid them in the morning.

Last night there was another couple staying at Paul & Elizabeth's, so this morning I purposefully stayed in my room. At one point I had a text conversation with Elizabeth as to the status of the other people in the house. She too was lying low in bed...but make no mistake about it, it was not because she too is not a Morning Talker. I made it clear that I was planning on reading in my room until the other guests left and so she jokingly (or so I thought) asked if I would like Paul to bring me breakfast in bed. I texted an order (complete with a request for a fresh flower on my plate) to her and told her to just let me know when the coast was clear.

A bit later, however, there was a knock on my door.


Bottom line, sometimes it pays to be anti-social in the morning.

4 comments:

mom said...

Man, that's the life! I'm glad to see you're being taken care of!

Anonymous said...

was there a fresh flower on your tray?

Jen said...

hey kate, just wanted to say hi and this seemed like a good blog to comment on since i've lived with the non-morning-talker. sounds like you've been having some awesome experiences. can't wait to talk more. tell elizabeth i said hi and give her belly a rub for me.

Anonymous said...

Hey
a little bird told me you you had a cool blog - they were right!!! I am jealous - enjoy your time in Africa
Randy